These are fairly easy to do, but you'll need to buy some nail strips to do an easy and quick beauty job. If you can't get them on site, you can buy them online at any nail accessories / beauty webshop.
You can Try small things you find at home, but they won't stay in place. ((I know because I tried cotton thread and it didn't work at all!) Strips of nail accessories are specially treated to keep them flat and still on your nails while you paint over them.
How to do checked nails
- Start with a matte white base on your nails. (Matt lacquer always dries faster than other types and peels less.)
- When the white nail polish has dried, use a pair of eyebrow tweezers to glue the special stripes on your nails in a horizontal and vertical checkered pattern.
- Next, apply the color of your choice on top.
- Finally, remove the strips to get a fabulous geometric pattern on your nails.
- Wait for the paint to dry, then seal it with top coat.
This quick and clear video demo shows how to make a super trend Ombré Color on your checkered nails too!
Checkered ombré nail polish designs
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4D7-XFXn9w (/ embed)
Pink, black and silver glitter nail design
Here's another great new look that I noticed today.
- Prepare your nails with a foundation and then apply pink nail polish.
- Then you need to draw on a black tip that actually extends to half the nail.
- You can do this either with a black marker or with a black nail polish and a fine-tipped brush.
- Fill in the black form and let it dry.
- Next, reinforce the glamor factor with a few silver dots in the black area.
You can use a plastic-tipped hairpin or a wooden toothpick as a DIY puncturing tool.
- Finally, take a toothpick or a fine-tipped brush and apply a fine line of glittering silver paint to the curved black edge where it joins the pink area. Let dry.
- Seal with a top coat and you're done!
Watch the video demonstration here:
Simple nail designs for beginners for short nails
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuwSUIYhJb0 (/ embed)
I did this look today but with a red base color, black tips and gold dots and glitter and I love it!
I hope you enjoy these new looks!
And here are 10 cute nail designs, have fun.