If you don't have time to professionalize your nails before a special event, don't worry, there are many fantastic ideas for nail design that are easy to do at home!
Here's one of our current favorites – a marbled look without tools!
The following video clearly shows how this nail design idea is applied to gel nails. Here is a simple step-by-step guide for normal nails or acrylic nails.
(The only difference is that gel nails have to be "cured" under a special UV light.)
Gold, pink, purple & glitter – no tool marble effect
- Paint on a high quality base coat. This will keep your manicure longer and prevent your natural nails from yellowing.
- Then apply one of the latest metallic nail polish colors. In this video we use glamorous gold nail polish.
- Apply a coat or two until you have a good, dense base of gold color.
- Let it dry completely before you start the marbling effect.
- Now for the fun part! Dab some pink, purple, and glittery polish in randomly dotted spots on your golden nails. (The video below tells you exactly what to do.)
- Then give the color spots time to dry completely.
Top tip: Do not make the stains too thick, otherwise drying will take hours!
- And all you have to do is cover your marbled nails with a high quality top coat to seal your artistic nail design, and you're ready to party!
Marble effect without tools
This is a video that shows how easy it is to make marbled nails. It comes from Lorena Marquez, who works for the beauty brand, entity, Now watch Lorena create a fabulous marble effect design – without Tools!
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFAaicPK3I (/ embed)
Metallics are now hot and will be even hotter in the spring and summer 2014 nail collections next year. We know that from the fabulous Dior SS14 fashion showwhere the models with fabulous metallic eye make-up and nails were sent down the runway.
You can use any metallic nail polish for the base, such as gold, silver, copper, bronze, or shiny red gray, which are currently all over the fashionable fingernails of the rich and famous!
The great thing about marbling is that you can chop and change the colors depending on your outfit or mood. And it's also a great way to use the colors you have on the back of your nail polish cabinet!
So as I said, easy to do and very glamorous!